Chatham-Kent Crime Stoppers are seeking new Board Members!!
Crime Stoppers are encouraging the residents of Chatham-Kent to consider the opportunity of joining our team! We would like to hear from young professionals within our community who are keen to help make Chatham-Kent a safer place for all.
As a Board, we strive to make volunteering an enjoyable experience within an environment of like-minded community members where your experience and skills are put to good use.
Board Membership Qualifications
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are passionate about the mission, vision and values of Crime Stoppers;
- Have experience in organizational development, fundraising, entrepreneurship, donor relations and/or social media;
- Are excited to work as a team player in achieving strategic goals.
In addition to the qualifications outlined above, Chatham-Kent Crime Stoppers is also seeking candidates with skills and experience in:
- Strategic planning;
- Cultural sensitivity and community engagement;
- Procuring corporate sponsorships;
- Board experience or a strong willingness to learn how the Board operates;
- High level of integrity and duty to the protection of the local community.
Successful candidates must:
- Pass a Police Criminal Records Check at their own expense;
- Foster a positive working relationship with other Board Members;
- Offer meaningful contributions, expertise and experience necessary to guide the program to continued success;
- Prepare for and attend monthly Board meetings;
- Dedicate time to their assigned committee;
- Participate and represent Crime Stoppers at community events and fund raisers;
- Be willing to offer your spare time to support the board in achieving its goals.